Next Tournament

BUFFALO CHESS MASTERS INVITATIONAL?

During the CAN AM International July Chess Festival, Neal Goldberg first suggested and then agreed to help organize a future 3-day tournament where chess players USCF rated 2100 would participate. It has been given the name Buffalo Chess Masters Tournamnet.

As we start planning this, we would like to hear from anyone who wishes to assist in creating and/or playing in this future event. We would especially wish to hear from Buffalo Expatriates, who would wish to participate in such a tournamnet. I have been in touch with the Buffalo Convention Visitors Bureau who would like us to bring overnight tournaments to the Buffalo area and they will assist us in reduced hotel/motel accommondations. In order for this to happen, we need your help to give an estimate of the number of players and the number of rooms that we could anticipate.

Please respond with your Bio via email to arcangel8chess@yahoo.com or comment to this announcent below. Any and all comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated and will be respectfully reviewed by Neal Goldberg, Thomas Warner (TD) and Michael A Mc Duffie (TD) (Chess Ambassador).

5 comments:

  1. lol, ive got chessmaster 2100 on a floppy disk. too bad my rating is still to low.

    -steve d

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good idea, (I was talking about that before), but I guess I am out, unless I raise my rating before the event, although I was over 2100 at some point.
    Anyway I hope it will be good tournament, and games will be posted on the blog.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it should be open to masters
    and experts since we are in the top 90 % of the best players in the USCF.
    Douglas Dubose

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to attend if it ware possible, but unfournately I will be moving to Houston, Texas
    next week. It sounds like a very interesting idea, and I hope that the tournament will go well.

    Anyway, I’d like to take this opportunity to thank some people during my chess-playing time in Buffalo: Michael McDuffie
    (“Chess Ambassador”) for organizing several tournaments in Buffalo and promoting chess in Western
    New York. Also, Mark Meith (“The Chess Doctor”) has organized many excellent tournaments in
    Buffalo such as the Niagara Falls Chess Festival. Because of those two, Buffalo Chess is headed in
    the right direction and many people benefited from, including me. Keep up the good work!

    Finally, last but not least, I’d like to thank my first OTB opponent, David Biddle. David helped
    introducing me to tournament chess in last year's Free April, and really was a big boost for my tournament chess. Thanks
    David, I will always appreciate for helping me get started.

    I hope Buffalo chess continues to run smoothly in the future. Good luck to you all!

    Bob Shao

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will play.

    Ed Mark

    ReplyDelete